Mathew 9:6 “… that ye may know that the son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins….”
Excelsior simply means something of excellent quality. The authority to forgive sins is only attributed to God. Jesus Christ, the son of God has the authority to forgive sins. That was excellently performed when he died on the cross at Calvary. He was buried and after three days in the tomb he resurrected and ascended to the father in heaven. Before ascending to the father he demonstrated his authority when he ordered Lazarus to come to life, he forgave the crippled who used to rest by the pond, he forgave the woman whom he found at the well and later the woman run to town to tell of her experiences.
The Youths and Young Adults in Jinja have vowed readiness to Go and trot to all quarters of Jinja City to tell the world about Jesus’s Excelsior Project to benefit human kind.
Project Excelsior is to pursue the great commission in Mark 16:15 Go into all the world and Preach the Gospel to every creature, and Mathew 28:19 therefore go and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of The Son and of The Holy Ghost KJV
The main Objective of Project Excelsior is to create awareness of the soon return of Christ and to share the three Angels message in Revelation 14:6-12.
Specific objectives include:
- To reach out to Youths and Young Adults particularly professionals working within Jinja city and proclaim the Good news about Christ.
- To establish centers of excellence which will positively impact Youths and Young Adults within Jinja city.
- To prepare a people who can serve the community with professionalism.
- To provide guidance and counseling services to people in the community who are struggling with depression.
Project Excelsior targets Youths and Young Adults in
tertiary institutions within Jinja city.
- Bible Study sessions
- Acts of charity with the community
- Guidance and Counseling services
- Promotion of social interaction among Youths and Young Adults through games and Sports
Project Implementation strategies
- Implementation Strategies rely on voluntary services from fellow youths and young Adults.
- Resources to facilitate implementation of project activities are solicited from well-wishers, cooperate bodies such as youth organizations, churches, companies and individuals who touched to make a contribution towards the wellbeing of Youths and Young Adults.
- Project activities are implemented in phases with specific focus. The first phase focuses on training Project Volunteers before they reach out to the community.
- The second phase focuses at carrying out community needs assessment to generate relevant statistics to aid planning interventions.
- The third phase focuses on project evaluation to establish level of impact on the community.
- Project evaluation leads to generation of Project report to guide future implementation strategies.
For any other details contact:
Secretariat: +256 782 744 829, +256 700, 4541 50
Youths and Young Adult department: +256 773 521 421, +256 785 219 188, +256 773 133 873
Project Formulation and Development: +256 772 202 260, +256 782 842 62, +256 704 893 528, +256 756 354 44